Ever given a try to Cocoa and Kratom combination? Nah? Oh, you should give it a try! I say this from personal experience. Who doesn’t love a bit of chocolate flavor mixed in the Kratom blend? You don’t have to be so rigid about the ways of taking Kratom; you can try new combinations and make it a journey that you enjoy.
Do you want to get rid of that chronic pain due to a fracture that happened ten years back? You get rid of it by taking Kratom, but why not add some fun into this ordeal?
It’s not like I am asking you to try a combination of some boosters with Kratom. That is something I’ll never suggest as it can have adverse effects on your health. Let’s have a look at our favorite Cocoa and Kratom combination!
What is Cocoa?
Although I am aware most of you know what cocoa is, I am here to tell you more about what cocoa is composed of. Cocoa is a substance that contains large amounts of antioxidants that are beneficial to the body. They help in fighting oxygen radicals that are harmful to the cell. Thus, antioxidants have a significant role in the anti-aging process.
Cocoa is usually available in the form of cocoa powder. It contains two substances known as theobromine and theophylline, which act as a CNS stimulant. It is present in tea and caffeine too. Along with this, cocoa also raises the levels of serotonin in the body.
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that improves the mood by eliminating stress. Another component of cocoa is tyramine, a substance that is important in antidepressant drugs.
It also contains certain flavonoids like epicatechin that has antioxidant properties. This is mainly present in dark chocolates. A thorough look at cocoa suggests that it is full of antioxidants and is responsible for improving mood, which can work well with Kratom.
Research studies suggest that Cocoa has a role in protecting heart and reducing the risk of Diabetes Mellitus by reducing weight. It also shows that it has anti-cancer role and thus is very beneficial.
Cocoa and Kratom combination
By now, you have an idea that both Kratom and Cocoa are fantastic antioxidants. Both substances individually fight off any harmful substances present in the body and detoxify drugs. Similarly, Cocoa and Kratom are known for reducing stress by promoting the release of happy neurotransmitters in the body.
They both act as anxiolytics and antidepressants. Thus, we can say that the combination of Kratom and Cocoa is one that we will recommend because both promote good health and well-being.
Apart from this, adding Cocoa to Kratom also prevents you from having an unpleasant after taste.
How can I take Cocoa and Kratom together?
You can have a Kratom Hot Chocolate and have the perfect combination. The recipe for this Hot chocolate is straightforward. You will need the following ingredients;
- Kratom powder: Take 2-3 grams of your favorite strain of Kratom
- Cocoa powder: Choose the brand that you like.
- Brown sugar
First, take a measured dose of Kratom, around 2-3 grams or as you prefer in a cup, and add one teaspoon of brown sugar along with a teaspoon or two of Cocoa powder. Add some boiling milk into the cup and stir it well. You would want to dissolve the cocoa powder and let the Kratom suspend. The brown sugar helps lift the taste of your hot chocolate, while the cocoa powder masks the taste of Kratom. You can add some cream to the mixture if you like it creamy.
What is Chocolate Kratom?
There is a thing known as Chocolate Kratom in the market, which is a pre-mixed combination of Kratom powder and Cocoa powder. This is something that I wouldn’t recommend you to buy as the flavonoids present in the cocoa diminish the effects of alkaloids when kept for longer duration together. Although the thought of Chocolate Kratom seems exciting, it is more of a marketing technique.
What are the effects of Kratom and Cocoa combination?
- Analgesia: The alkaloids mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine in Kratom are known for their analgesic action. They promote the release of endorphins and enkephalins and activate the analgesic system to combat the chronic pain you are suffering from. So, if you are a person who is suffering from a painful condition like osteoarthritis, cancer, post-operative pain, you can take Kratom and some cocoa in it to boost the taste.
- Stimulation: Both Cocoa and Kratom are essential substances in producing stimulation. If you have low energy levels and are feeling fatigued, have a glass of Kratom hot chocolate and feel the strength and stimulation.
- Improvement in cognition: Kratom is known for improving cognitive abilities. It does so by increasing your attention span and enabling you to focus better and for a prolonged duration. This property of Kratom helps you function better while at the office and while studying. You continue doing your work without dozing off and that too in a happy mood because you have taken Kratom with cocoa powder.
- Mood Booster: Cocoa is a substance that boosts the serotonin levels and tyramine in your body, thus enabling you to feel better, contented, and satisfied. You forget your worries and live in the mood. Kratom similarly is known for boosting mood and even causing euphoria at high doses.
- Anxiolytic action: As a person who has been suffering from anxiety for years now, I know how it feels. I know how your throat and mouth feels dry, I know when you can’t sleep at night. All these years, no medication worked for me, and even if it did, it came with so many side effects. I was introduced to Kratom by a friend, and it has been a couple of months that I have had relief from the palpitations, sleepless nights, and hyperventilation. I have tried the Kratom and cocoa combination, and I have loved it. A chocolate and Kratom lover now.
- Antioxidant role: This role of Cocoa and Kratom is very notable. Like other ethnobotanicals, Kratom helps detoxify the body by removing superoxide radicals and free radicals. Cocoa has a similar action.
- Relaxation: At higher doses, Kratom tends to cause relaxation. This enables you to have a calmness and go for rest. It can also lead to sedation, and thus the sedative strains of Kratom are generally of help for those who are suffering from insomnia, parasomnia, night terrors, etc.
The combination of Kratom and cocoa is an innovative way of having your daily share of Kratom. Why have a simple dose of Kratom to achieve all those amazing effects when you can slowly sip a cup of Kratom hot chocolate and enjoy it?